Lawsuit reveals second 93-year-old Peter Schroder died from poisoning at Atria Park senior living facility in San Mateo

[ad_1]

SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) — Through a lawsuit that’s been filed against Atria Park, ABC7 has learned about the second death of a resident poisoned at the senior living facility in San Mateo.

Last month, at least three of the residents were given dishwashing liquid instead of juice. Ninety-three-year-old Trudy Maxwell died within days.

RELATED: Family claims San Mateo Atria Park staff served mother ‘commercial grade cleaner,’ killing her

We now know that 93-year-old Peter Schroder, who was also given the dishwashing liquid, has died.

The latest records from California Department of Social Services confirm Atria Park in San Mateo has been investigated at least nine times by state officials since 2017.

RELATED: 93-year-old woman dead after seniors served dishwashing liquid at San Mateo senior living facility

The lawsuit filed against Atria Park says Schroeder liked cranberry juice and thought he was drinking it. However, it ended up being a highly toxic cleaner and disinfectant he drank.

The incident is under investigation, but facility officials say it was a mistake.

If you’re on the ABC7 News app, click here to watch live

Copyright © 2022 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Comment