AMSTERDAM, NY (NEWS 10) — An active and ongoing investigation into the sale of illegal narcotics in Amsterdam led to the arrest of three people. The Amsterdam Police Department/Montgomery County Regional SWAT Team executed two search warrants simultaneously on Wednesday, October 5 at apartment 19 Putnam Street. 1 and at 243 Locust Avenue.
On Oct. 5, detectives located and arrested 30-year-old Anthony Diaz and 25-year-old Nayquan S. Joseph at 243 Locust Avenue. During the search, detectives located and seized a large amount of cocaine and heroin along with a large amount of packaging material, cutting agents and other paraphernalia related to drug trafficking.
At 19 Putman Street Apt. 1 detectives located and arrested 31-year-old Jose J. Manon. Manon was the subject of an arrest warrant for criminal sale of a controlled substance after selling a controlled substance to a law enforcement source during an active drug investigation. Detectives found cocaine and heroin packaged for sale along with drug paraphernalia.
Charges by Anthony Diaz and Nayquan S. Joseph
- First degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Second-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Two counts of second-degree criminal possession of drug paraphernalia
Charges for Jose J. Manon
- Third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance
- Third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon
- Second degree felon using drug paraphernalia
All those arrested were arraigned in Amsterdam City Court before the Honorable Judge William J. Mycek. Diaz and Joseph were held at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility without bond. Manon was released on his own recognizance to reappear in court at a later date under New York State bail reform provisions.